Inversed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Inversed

Casual WoW Horde guild on Al'Akir

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DKP system!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Uldo

DKP system! Empty
PostSubject: DKP system!   DKP system! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 2:37 pm

From now on we are going to use a DKP-system. It'll be an fixed value zero sum system. Sounds wierd? Hold on, explanation is coming!

First of all, all items are valued 20 dkp for MS.
If you need an item for OS, it'll cost you 10 dkp and 50g.
The player with the most dkp wins the item. If 2 players have the same amount, they have to roll!

DKP is bound to your account, not your character!

How do you earn DKP? Like this:

If you attend sundays raid and stay the whole raid(23.00!), you will earn 5 dkp.
For every farm boss we down, you will earn 2 dkp.

So for downing the 6 first bosses on sundays, you can earn 17dkp.

On tuesdays, you can earn the following:
25 for attending the whole raid(staying untill 23.00)
and a whooping 20 for each non-farm boss downed!

and you also earn 10 for showing up on both raids
You'll also earn 10 dkp for showing up on raids for wich you've signed and ARE ON TIME, IF THE RAID IS CANCELLED

Penalty:
Not showing up when u signed up, without signing off a good time before raid starts: -20 dkp.
Asking us to call a raid: -5 dkp.
Not staying till the end? Then you wont get the attendance bonus!

Examples:
Skya and Sydar wants the same awesome item. Both have 50 dkp. They have to roll.
Skya rolls 100, Sydar rolls 1. Skya gets the item at the cost of 20 dkp.

Afterwards another item drops and both Skya and Sydar want that one aswell.
Sydar has 50 dkp and Skya has 30 dkp
Sydar wins the item at the cost of 20 dkp.

AT THE END OF A MONTH WE CUT ALL DKP IN HALF TO ENCOURAGE SPENDING!
(If you have 50 dkp, you will only have 25 after new month. If you have -50 dkp, you will have -25)
so keep spending it!

Last edited by Uldo on Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BeefJerkey
BeefJerkey

DKP system! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DKP system!   DKP system! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:58 pm

If I may add some thoughts;

As far as DKP-gain goes, only getting 5 DKP for sunday attendance is rather painful. While I agree people should be motivated to come to progress raids (tuesdays, mainly), it seems rather bizarre that by simply showing up on tuesday, you make more DKP than we could possibly make on a sunday (with 6 bosses on farm, we'd make 17 DKP).

Here is my proposal (the way we handled DKP in Vanilla, with slightly altered numbers) ;

Sunday raid; +10 DKP
Tuesday raid; +15 DKP
Both raids; +10DKP

Each boss; NO DKP
All farm bosses on Sunday; +2 DKP for each boss
None-Farm boss down!; +20 DKP

So, at the moment, that would be;
You come on sunday. We kill the 6 bosses we have on farm; everyone recieves +22 DKP
You also come on tuesday. We kill no bosses ( Sad ); everyone recieves +15 DKP.
You came to both raids, you recieve +10DKP.
You recieved +47 DKP.

With the other system, you would have earned +42 DKP.

The biggest difference as far as I am concerned is the 2-day-bonus. There will always be reasons only to come one tuesday, or only to come on sunday. Why not provide an excelent reason to come on both days? Something to think on.

The DKP cut at the end of the month is... new. Never worked with it, will be interesting to see it in the works.
Back to top Go down
Harak
Inversed Captain
Inversed Captain
Harak

DKP system! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DKP system!   DKP system! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:00 am

I must say that not being able to raid Tuesday is quite unforgiving with the current dkp system so I'd say BeefJerkey got some good suggestions (especially the "both raid bonus") cheers

Though I would have liked to increase Tuesday raid dkp reward a little seeing as it should compensate the dedicated raiders for repair costs and time spent. So perhaps instead:

Sunday raid; +10 DKP
Tuesday raid; +20 DKP
Both raids; +10DKP

Ofc, this is up to the "commanders" to decide but just saying my thoughts out loud drunken
Back to top Go down
Uldo

DKP system! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DKP system!   DKP system! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:51 am

the idea of another bonus for coming both nights will be used.

however, the dkp values stay as they are Tuesdays is when u earn most dkp, sundays is when u spend it:)
Back to top Go down
BeefJerkey
BeefJerkey

DKP system! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DKP system!   DKP system! EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 8:54 pm

I do have 1 more suggestion;

Insert some sort of rule that people who lose 1/2th of their DKP at the end of the month, while they have more then 50 DKP at the end of that month, can't fall below 50 DKP. This to make sure that people who joined the guild the day before raiding don't automaticly have more DKP than someone who raided before that.
Back to top Go down
Harak
Inversed Captain
Inversed Captain
Harak

DKP system! Empty
PostSubject: New rule suggestion!   DKP system! EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 12:01 am

Soo, been thinking... We currently have 4 people who applied for guild and 3 (all dps) have the gear to raid ICC with us. In case two rogues join and we only have one spare spot we will have to make a system to ensure both are happy even though one didnt get a spot. I have one idea that might not satisfy everyone but might be the only solution as of yet unless Beef got some awesome idea hidden in his sleave Very Happy

Well, anyways... My idea goes around these border:

1. Week: Broxfang and an other warrior wants to join raid but only one spot open, seeing as Broxfang is alt of Hàrak who is currently ranked as raider and the other warrior is probably a trial he will get invite to raid. The other warrior will then have two choices, 1. join a pug and get better gear or 2. remain unsaved until tuesday in hopes that I wont show up for raid (as if that would ever happen lol! ) and gain extra GS even if he gets a spot.

2. Week: Broxfang had his fun and the other warrior is secured a spot while Broxfang can choose to join a PuG or wait for tuesday to earn that extra dkp.

(In case I join a pug after showing up for raid on tuesday but not getting spot then I guess I will get the extra dkp Smile )

This way we will ensure that none feels left out and wants to stay until we might manage to make 25 man raids with perhaps some randoms at the start. I'm just hoping we can improve attendance on tuesdays so we might progress to LK Very Happy As a side note I would like to mention the possibility to get dkp even though you are not in raid but as standby in case someone leaves Smile

To ensure we have good geared people every raid week we should also ensure that for example if we have 4 dpses fighting for spot but only 2 spots open then the best from one class and worst from other class gets spot so that next week we dont end up with two bad (geared) players who pulls raid and progress back I love you

Give some feedback on the idea plx and maybe we can get this to work Very Happy Oh and kinda annoyed that we are slacking a bit on the applications, either someone has to be made recruitment officer or commanders need to check the forums more often Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DKP system! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DKP system!   DKP system! Empty

Back to top Go down

DKP system!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Inversed :: The War Quarter :: Raiding-
Jump to: